tisdag 8 mars 2011

Spring in Stockholm

Stefan Wulf sticking the final dyno on Mr Magister to make the first send of the year and by doing so earning himself a beer. Photo: Erik Lindvall

Travelling back from Chalten was maybe not a nightmare, but definately not pleasant. nearly 60 hours of travel via El Calafate, Ushuaia, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo and London before landing at Arlanda where Sofia, Audun and Hilde where waiting to suprise me. I once again was reminded of the fact that I really don't like travelling, more hate it, but I certainly love visiting new places. It's a quite big difference.

Anyhow, it's great to be back home in Stockholm with my family as well as friends. Climbing wise it feels like I got the timing just perfect. The winterseason was just diminishing as I left for Argentina and now as I get back spring season is accellerating. Saturday was the first day on rock for me after coming home last week. Splitter winter weather made climbing on the south facing Dödskalleberget quite pleasant and it attracted quite a crowd. These first days of early spring on Dödskalleberget have sort of become an institution for the Stockholm climbing scene and even though I've climbed these routes countless times it's so nice to feel the sun gradually heating up the rock after it's winter hibernation. It's good to be back home.


Topping out Holidays in Eden, one of my favorite routes around town. Photo: Erik Lindvall

Inga kommentarer: